Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Earth Hour-What are your Top 10 Things to do in the dark?

Earth Hour - Logo

At 8:30 pm on Saturday, March 26, 2011, lights will be switched off all around the world for Earth Hour.  This movement will save a ton of energy. According to BC Hydro's Team Power Smart, "If British Columbians implemented the same conservation measure (as they did in 2010) for just one hour every evening, the combined savings would be enough to power close to 2,200 homes for an entire year."  WOW!!!

What are your top 10 things to do in the dark?

Below is a list of my top 10:

1.  Sit by the fire with hubby
2.  Sip some wine or bubbly by the fire with hubby
3.  Snuggle with hubby
4.  Have a candlelit dinner
5.  Watch the stars
6.  Watch a movie
7.  Build a fire and make some 'smores or roast some marshmallows
8.  Go for a walk in the dark
9.  Have a candle lit bath
10.  Go to bed early

Do you have something planned for Earth Hour?

xox
Ginna

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ginna, I found your blog thru the BGC blog hop, and so glad I did! I was unaware of Earth Hour. Thanks for sharing. Here are my top 10 things to do in the dark (as our power goes out in the winter with the weather):
    1. enjoy no tv or computer being on
    2. play cards or checkers by candlelight
    3. read a book by candlelight
    4. take a bath by candlelight
    5. sketch by candlelight
    6. journal by candlelight
    7. cuddle with my honey
    8. cuddle with my dog
    9. just enjoy the quiet and be still
    10. go outside and see the beauty of a dark springtime night
    Since there is no way to complete my list in one hour I am sure that when the hour is over I will want more time with no electricity.

    ReplyDelete